Silver and Flatware/silver chalice/wine bucket?

overview of item
overview of item  

markings on bottom of item
markings on bottom of  
Would you please see the attached pictures and tell me as much as you can about the item? It is approx. 5 inches tall, 5 inch top diameter, 2-3 inch bottom diameter.

> Would you please tell me what it is.
> What the markings on the bottom tell about it.
> It's approximate value.

Thank You

At first glance, this appears to be too small to be a wine bucket. Would a bottle sit straight easily in it? It could be a vase. It appears to be of Mexican origin. Value is hard to determine for pieces like this but my estimate is around $75 to $100. Its weight will have some impact on the value.

Sorry I could not help more.

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland