Silver and Flatware/silverware set

I was given a silverware set by my grandmother and am not sure how old it is. My mom believes it could be over 60 years old. It is in great shape and never bee used although the box is dinged up a bit. I cannot find the patterns anywhere and would like to know what it is and what the possible value of it could be. It was made by WM. Rogers MFG.CO.

This Rogers brand was taken over by International Silver Company in 1898. In 1941, International introduced the "Inheritance" pattern which seems to match the larger piece in your picture. The pieces in the set are made of silver plate. When sold by an individual, this pattern often brings about one dollar per piece if the set is in good condition. Serving pieces might bring a bit more.

Is the smaller spoon also from Wm Rogers? It is a different pattern.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland