Silver and Flatware/Wm A Rogers small ladle

I inherited a small ladle from my grandmother after her passing in 1995.It is in fairly good condition.On the back of the handle it reads PatFeb1801 WM.A RogersA 1,followed by some symbol that I am not sure what it is.Is this silverplate?Either way does it have any value?Thank you for your expertise.

I'm confused about the patent date because Wm. A. Rogers did not start doing business until long after 1801. Could it be 1901? Today, the brand is owned by Oneida.

The "A1" indicates it is made of silver plate. Without knowing the pattern, I can't estimate value in detail but I can say that most silver plate pieces like this would bring around $5 to $10 when sold by an individual today if the piece is in good condition.

Check this site to see if you can match the pattern: . Look under Wm. A. Rogers and Oneida.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland