Silver and Flatware/Norwegian Silverware

Hello Mr. Stringer,
I have acquired quite a few pieces of Norwegian Silverware/Serving Utensils, most of which are marked 830 S, 925. I have been able to obtain some information as to maker and pattern via the internet but there are so many pieces I simply cannot find information on. For instance, M.Otsby on the serving spoon but as far as I can find Otsby makes silver jewlery only. If I send pics of the pieces and the markings, would you be able to help me, or tell me where I could find more information?
If you are interested I can send photos.
Thank you,

Sorry to have taken so long to reply. I wanted to see what I had in the way of references for Norwegian silver and I am sorry to say that pickings are slim! You probably have already checked out for info about Norwegian silver but if you have not, review what's there. Beyond that, I'm afraid I'll be no help.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland