Silver and Flatware/Silverplate

I have a 4 piece set of Towle silverplate. Just trying to find someone interested. I also have some single pieces from Kent Silversmiths and Oneida. Please let me know what to do. (I live in Marengo, IL)Thanks for your time

Unfortunately, the value for most used silver plate pieces is not great, especially when sold by an individual. To get an estimate of what you might get, find comparable pieces on Make sure you are looking at silver plate pieces (not sterling). The price you might expect would be 20% to 30% of the prices you see at the website.

Consider selling on eBay. That provides the broadest market for you. You could also try local estate sale managers, antique dealers and the like. If antique shows come to your area, consider taking your pieces by a show. You might get offers from several dealers.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland