Silver and Flatware/Silver Bowl, Wm. Rogers 4-27

Silver Bowl
Silver Bowl  
I would like to know the value of this bowl. Thank you in advance

FYI, the Wm. Rogers brand has been absorbed into International Silver Company. Likewise, The Wm. A. Rogers brand is now owned by Oneida. Confusing, isn't it? The reason I mention this is that as you look around the Internet for bowls similar to yours, you may find them listed under a different name.

I'm assuming the word, "Sterling", is not on your bowl anywhere. Therefore, it's safe to assume your bowl is made of silver plate. That is consistent with the vast majority of pieces made by Wm. Rogers.

Unfortunately, silver plate pieces do not hold value very well. On the other hand, larger bowls have a bit more value. It looks like your bowl is large enough to be a fruit bowl or punch bowl. I can't tell about the size for sure. In any event, not having any other information, my estimate is that your bowl would sell for $25 to $50 if sold by an individual. That assumes excellent condition with all plating intact. A dealer might have a price of $100 to $200 attached to it but it's virtually impossible for an individual to receive that higher price.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland