Silver and Flatware/SILVER PLATE

My Grandma has a Reed & Barton silver soldered plate (NS7651) 12 1/2. looks to be from 1947 from the mark/symbol i learned from other sites. Curious if its worth anything much?

I doubt it has a high value. "Silver soldered" implies the piece is made of silver plate which would have an extremely thin layer of silver on the surface. Here is an example of a recent sale of a similar piece. It's not the same as yours but will give you some idea of value: .

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland