Silver and Flatware/silverware v

T have a 2 prong fork like piece of silverware with the writting 1847 Rogers bros on the back, the top handle on top has like a little flower design. I was wondering if its worth anything, and if so how much? Im very interested in hearing back from you. Thank You.

The 1847 Rogers brand is now owned by International Silver Company. If the word, "Sterling", does not appear anywhere on this piece, it probably is made of silver plate. Generally, silver plate pieces have low values of a dollar to a few dollars, depending on the pattern.

If you would like a better estimate, send a picture of the front of the fork so I can try to determine pattern and type of fork.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland