Silver and Flatware/Antique Sterling Silverware

I have a complete service for 12 set of Gorham Hunt Club Sterling Patent 1930 T silverware, with serving spoons, carving knife, etc., and I am wondering how to go about having it appraised, or if it's even worth having appraised and I should just keep it.

You can get a pretty good idea of what you could sell your set for by following this procedure. Find your pattern at here: Compare your set piece by piece with the pieces on the Replacements site. Make sure you compare lengths of forks and knives. If you cannot find a specific piece on the page, try to find a similar piece.

Total the selling prices from Replacements and multiply by 0.30. You'll have a ballpark price for what an individual could sell a set like yours. If your set has custom monograms, the value probably will be reduced by about 25%.

You might look at actual recent sales of your pattern on eBay for comparison.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland