Silver and Flatware/Korean Flatware Set

Korean Flatware
Korean Flatware  

Korean Flatware2
Korean Flatware2  
My Father-in-law purchased this set during the Korean War. It is a 54 piece set in a blue velvet box with a 6-symbol word in Korean on it. The set has 6 pcs each of small forks, small spoons, soup spoons and long handled spoons with small heads(?) on the top of the case. The bottom consists of 10 very large spoons and 10 sets of chopsticks. The handle of each piece has a blue floral pattern on a white background. Not sure if it's Mother of pearl or porcelain or what. Each piece (except for the chopsticks) has a stamp in Korean on the back.

Any idea what this might be and what it might be worth?

I have no experience with this type of pattern. I can say that the set's metallic construction is probably stainless steel although it could be silver plate. My guess is that if you tried to sell it, you would probably get around one dollar per piece.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland