Silver and Flatware/Trying find out the worth of my item

I have a butter knife and on the handle its stamped Pat.Feb 11.1913 WM Rogers & Son AA I was wondering if u could tell me the value ? Thanks and i appreciate ur time .

It depends upon the specific pattern. However, I can say that the vast majority of silver plated pieces like this have low values. A butter knife in good condition may bring $5 or so when sold by an individual. If you would like to ask a follow up with a picture of the front of the piece, I'll try to identify the pattern and give a more definitive answer.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland