Silver and Flatware/silverware value

Oneida Silversmiths 1881 Rogers Silverplate Silverware, Lilac Time pattern, circa 1950's, 8 place settings, 61 pieces total, wood case. Could you provide an approximate resale value or insurance value?

The "insurance" value, which I define as what it would take if you had to buy a comparable set from an established dealer in used flatware, is about $8 per piece. Unfortunately, an individual trying to sell this set would probably only get a dollar or two per piece. Here is an example of an actual recent sale: .

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland