Silver and Flatware/Reed & Barton Flatware

knife handle
knife handle  

I have a set of Reed & Barton flatware. The knives say mirrorstele, the other pieces do not say anything but Reed & Barton.  I also can identify the pattern?  I have looked everywhere online.  I inherited the set, so know very little about it or its value. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This looks like the Reed & Barton English Crown pattern. It is made of silver plate. "Mirrorstele" is Reed & Barton's trade name for stainless steel used for the knife blades.

An individual selling this pattern could expect to receive between $3 and $4 per piece, perhaps a bit more for serving pieces. I know this probably sounds low but it is actually better than for the vast majority of silver plate patterns which sell for about $1 per piece when sold by an individual.

Best wishes,

Silver and Flatware

Jim Stringer

I answer questions about sterling flatware and other sterling pieces........... I answer value questions at I also author a blog at and write articles about silver at ........... Thanks to nominations from questioners, I'm listed in the Top 50 Experts for 2014 and 2015.......... NOTE: Please do not give me a verbal description of a pattern and ask me to identify it. Attach a picture if you need such help..........

Buyer and seller of sterling pieces for over ten years. Author of the blog, Sterling silver writer for

Publications;; "Selling_Your_Silver: A Guide to Finding a Buyer and Getting a Good Price (

BS, University of Alabama; MS, University of Maryland