Singapore/places to visit in singpaore

Alden wrote at 2013-06-27 07:08:38
Singapore has many attractions despite her small land area. Singapore has a tropical climate, if you love the sun or is spontaneous beach-goer, Singapore is a must-visit city-state!

Here are some recommendations that you can consider :)

1) Jurong Bird Park - Currently the world's largest bird park in terms of number of birds and second largest in terms of land area.

2) Singapore Zoo - There are about 315 species of animal in the zoo, of which some 16% are considered threatened species. Make sure to go there early!

3) Sentosa Island - Consist of a casino, a universal studio (4th in the world), a few beaches with many exciting attractions such as 4D Magix and Underwater World.

4) Night Safari - Opens half an hour after the zoo closes. Houses a total of 1,040 animals of 120 species, of which 29% are threatened species. Explored in close proximity either on foot via three walking trails, or by tram.

5) Orchard Road - Extremely expensive shopping paradise! However, it's quite entertaining to walk on the streets during the night :)

6) Marina Bay Sands - There is a huge shopping centre there which was opened only recently. Marina Bay Sands also consist Singapore's 2nd casino with a SkyPark which has a vantage point of the city like the Singapore Flyer (currently world's highest). The entrance fee cost about $20. However, it is definitely worth the shot. On top of that, the double helix bridge located nearby is also a must for visitors! I would prefer to visit during the evenings as the skyline would be spectacular:)

7) Singapore Museum - A really interesting place to visit for history-lovers!

8) Clarke quay- Lots of bars, restaurant and neon lights. It's really pretty at night.

9) Merlion statue - A common tourist icon near Singapore's Central Business District (CBD). However, there is also another Merlion statue in Sentosa. It is much bigger, reaching a few stories high.

10) Chinatown - Featuring distinctly Chinese cultural elements and a historically concentrated ethnic Chinese population. The district retains significant historical and cultural significance. Large sections of it have been declared national heritage sites. There, you can visit the Chinatown Heritage Centre depicting the actual living conditions of our ancestors. It cost you about $10 if I'm not wrong to enter and a free map of Singapore will be ouside the Heritage Centre for self-directory. You can also find the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum around the vicinity.

11) Mint Museum of Toys - Showcasing olden toys such as Tintin, popeye, mickey mouse with a reasonable price of $15/pax! It is located between City Hall and Bugis MRT station. You can alight at city hall and walk. The museum is located behind the Raffles Hotel and it's among the shophouses.

12) The Upcoming Youth Olympic Games (YOG)! - It falls on 14th of August and continues a couple of days until the 26th.

P.S I would suggest Clarke Quay, Marina Bay Sands and Orchard Road to be visited during the night as the temperature is cooler and it's more beautiful than daytime:) and if see all places Hire a car good option for you visit here  http://www.changiairportcarrentals.com

Singapore

Winnie