Single Parenting/My daughter and newborn

My daughter has just had a newborn 15 weeks ago and has moved into the family home for a while. Problem is she was a drug addict before her baby was born and I fear she will go down the same road. She is a single parent and very unstable.

She never wants to talk about the future with her daughter and was wondering if you had any advice on how to "advise" her without her feeling that I am.

I have tried to occupy her mind by going to parent meets and even showed her ways to get free stuff to help her out financialy.

I look forward to an email from you.

Hi Carl!

Hard to tell you what to do when I do not know your daughter.

Sometimes getting them to open up is the key to figure out where they stand......let her know you care and are there for here and perhaps she will be receptive.

Also counseling maybe an option for here.

I would think coming off drugs and being a new single parent is very stressful.....being there for her is probably the most you can do.

Good luck!

Single Parenting

I was a single parent to my child his entire life. I have experienced many ups and downs that comes everyday with being a single parent. I have learned a lot throughout these years about child support/courts, ways to cope with the daily stress, day care issues, work, ADD, relationships, teenagers, when to compromise and when to not, money issues, discipline issues, etc. I have done an excellent job raising my son who is now on his own and functioning well. I am currently an Executive of my company without any type of degree. My perseverance and strength has gotten me this far in life and work. I learned to understand what I need to focus on in life and what I can`t waste time on, learning to compromise most situations.