Single Parenting/education 7 y old girl

Question
Hello! I have always lived with my parents and was in a 15 years relationship when we decided to have a child (I was 35 an he was 39) but, when my child was born, my boyfriend started being strange, he said he did't know what he wanted, consulting therapists and saying he still loved me.The truth is we are separated since then, but he never officially ended the relationship.(his family still thinks we are together, i don't know why)But, beside that, he not only doesn't do anything to educate the child (he escapes from taking her to the activities - ballet classes, etc), never says no to her, gives her candies everytime he is with her (twice a week), never asks her if she has homework to do. The problem is I am afraid my daughter can start to see me as the witch. (in the future)I really don't want to say to her that his father is wrong and irresponsible, it's so difficult, how to deal with this? Thank you

Answer
Hi Christianne!

You can talk to him and ask that he sets some rules for your daughter when she is with him telling him it is confusing for her to have two sets of rules.  Besides trying to get him to listen there is not much more you can do.  

The only person in life you can change is yourself so if he does not listen then just worry about how you parent.  It is the duty of a parent to parent so there will be times your child will not like you or be mad at you but as long as you make decisions based on what is good for your child I would not worry about it.

Being a good parent you have to say no and yes to them......part of being a good parent.

Good Luck!
Tricia

Single Parenting

Tricia