Single Parenting/Why would a 21 year old women want to see her biological father

Question
QUESTION: Why would a 21 year old women want to see her biological father? Her biological father did not know that he had a daughter, until she is 21 years old.

ANSWER: Hi there,

It doesn't matter whether the father knows or not, the child needs closure.  I was 18 when I met my father for the first time and he didn't know about me.

If there is a need, you will just create resentment by standing in the way.

Good luck.

QUESTION: Would this girl be upset at her mother? When she was a child her mother told her that she would help her find her father when she is 18 years old. This is because her mother did not want him to have legal parental rights over her, and did not want to have a child custody issue with her father. So told her that the US legal system gave her no choice, but this would be different in different countries where men have no parental rights.

Answer
Hello again,

I am unsure of what the question is?

If it relates to the child being upset with her mother, that is a question that can't be answered by myself as I don't know the child.

If that is how it is in the USA then so be it.  There are many countries that do and that don't give men parental rights to illegitimate children.

Single Parenting

Mary van Ede