Skiing and other snow sports/Vintage Ski worth

Vintage Winter wrote at 2010-01-05 04:03:31
Dear Trevor,

Your vintage skis and boots do actually have value.  I disagree with Mr. Allen in his assumption that a ski museum would not take them.  Kneissl Ski Co. was one of the original ski manufacturing companies and the "White Star" skis you have were considered in their time the best skis on the market.  If I remember correctly they were used by the Austrians in the Olympic Winter Games held in Aspen in the 1950's.  The 'White Star' was the first synthetic ski with a wood core and quite revolutionary; way ahead of its time.  So for your question about value.  Value is what someone is willing to pay.  That said the best test of this is an auction site like or contacting a ski museum directly.  I co-own which both sells vintage skis and provides a virtual online museum....we are always looking for museum examples!  Hope this helps.

Vintage Winter

Bob Cremers wrote at 2010-01-18 20:08:25
I would love to buy those Raichle "Fiber Jet" ski Boots from Trevor. Have him e-mail me if he still has them.

Thanks for your help!!

Dickens wrote at 2010-11-17 05:23:04
I would be interested in these skis or any other Kneissls of the same era, if anyone knows where I can find some of them.  

Steve wrote at 2013-01-16 20:26:29
I have some really old kneissl skis use them as interior design piece would sell for right price

Skiing and other snow sports

Glenn Allen

Can answer any question related to the technique and the technology of alpine skiing and snowblading as well as the selection and maintenance of the equipment and clothing needed. Most race related questions from entry level (age 5) to approx age 18 (J2) and Masters (18+). Am not able to answer detailed questions about all ski resorts though some general questions about the areas in Banff, the East Kootenays and Okanagan in Canada are possible.

I have been a recreational skier since the age of six (47 years) and am currently a race coach and instructor trainer in Canada. Have been in the ski industry since 1976 as a professional instructor, equipment technician and retailer and am currently a Sales Manager for Canada's largest national sporting goods retailer (Sport Chek). Have been a volunteer coach at the international level for skiing as part of Special Olympics. Am currently the Head Coach for the Manitoba Masters Ski Club. Have a well rounded background in technique and technology for all levels including snowblades. Access to considerable information on snowboarding and training for skiing.

Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance (C.S.I.A.III)
Canadian Ski Coaches Federation (C.S.C.F.II)
Manitoba Alpine Ski Division