Skiing and other snow sports/Buying skis

I am looking to buy some new skis and was just wondering the best kind to buy?
I'm 5'6 and 155 pound. I am an average skier and probably ski about 65% groomed and 35% powder and was wondering what type of skis to buy. I'm interested in K2 skis like the photon but was wondering if i should like at something else.

Hey Jeff,

The K2 Photon would probably suit you well. Based on what you have described, any all mountain ski would work for you. Look for something for intermediat/advanced or advanced skiers so that your abilities grow into the skis instead of outgrowing the skis. Google K2 Photon to find some good deals on last years models. Evo and Rei are both good online stores for great deals.

Hope this helps.
Keep on skiing,

Skiing and other snow sports

I can answer questions about downhill skiing, telemark skiing, & freeride snowboarding. Feel free to ask me about techniques, riding styles, conditions, equipment, etc. I can also give information about many ski areas along with links to other informational sites.

I have been downhill skiing for 40 years, snowboarding for 18 years, and telemarking for 8 years.

I have always been #1 or 2 expert in skiing, snowboarding, & windsurfing categories at

Ski instructor for 5 years