Skiing and other snow sports/to buy or to rent

COskiauthority wrote at 2014-02-14 02:44:19
Hi I'm Matt from Colorado Ski Authority. I'm probably late to the party, but we just wrote a piece about this topic yesterday. Actually, it was mainly about if you own, whether or not you should fly with them or rent in some situations. However, inside of that topic, we went on to discuss when renters should think about buying. There's a lot of data here that might be useful whether or not you have already been outfitted or if you are still on the fence.

Hope this helps. Stay gold.

Skiing and other snow sports

I can answer questions about downhill skiing, telemark skiing, & freeride snowboarding. Feel free to ask me about techniques, riding styles, conditions, equipment, etc. I can also give information about many ski areas along with links to other informational sites.

I have been downhill skiing for 40 years, snowboarding for 18 years, and telemarking for 8 years.

I have always been #1 or 2 expert in skiing, snowboarding, & windsurfing categories at

Ski instructor for 5 years