Skin Conditions/Baby eczema

Question
Hi.  My 6 month old son has baby eczema on his cheeks.  It usually comes and goes.  I use Eucerine original Moisturizing Creme on him and then I put zinc ointment on top of it about 4 times a day.  I use aquaphor body wash and I don't use any soaps on him at all.  I use Dreft detergent to wash his clothes and I don't use any fabric softener.  I also use a humidifier in his room.  So I am doing everything I know to control it and it was working.  The problem is about 2 weeks ago, his eczema flared up and I took him to his Doctor.  He gave him desonide and it worked wonderfully.  But he can't use desonide more then 7 days and the eczema came back and it came back hard. It is red, bumpy,dry and then it oozes on the right side and crust all over. I have been doing everything, keeping it clean and moisturized.  But it seems to be getting worse.  I don't know what is causing it.  Can you please give me some advice on what to do?  Should I watch what he eats?  I have never felt so confused and helpless in my life.

Thank you

Answer
Donna,

I use a zinc and tea tree lotion on my eczema, and it works well.
I'd be interested in what percentage the zinc ointment you are using is.

The zinc lotion I use is so effective when combined with tea tree because the tea tree has punitive penetrating properties which enhance the effectiveness of the zinc pyrithione. I have it available on my skin website on the featured products page if you want to check it out, it's in my profile.

http://www.skin-and-scalp-treatment.com/eczema-lotion.html

You may also want to boost his immune system with natural supplements. I would ask your doctor about this.

Best wishes,
Zac
P.S. Please stay in touch and let me know how he is doing will you?  

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins