Skin Conditions/Cystic acne

I am hoping you can help. I am a 22 year old female with terrible, terrible cystic acne. It's making me miserable, as I used to be a model and now that's over, my acne has gotten so bad. Anyway, I've been to several dermatologists and they prescribe me antibiotics and creams and gels but I do not want that, I don't like putting chemicals like that into my body, and they don't even work!
I am a vegetarian and very healthy eater, so I know my diet is not a factor.
I barely use makeup, so that's not a factor either. I'm not on birth control and never was. I've tried various face washes and spot treatments. They all work for a couple days, then I get more and more cysts on my chin (most common) and usually one on my forehead.
It's the most frustrating thing!!!!
I've been trying an antibacterial facial cleanser developed by a dermatologist and this was working for a couple weeks, but now the cysts are back. I don't think this is a bacteria, it's probably hormonal, but what do I do???? Do you have any advice? Natural solutions? Suggestions?
Thank you so much.

I won't go into the numerous antibiotics etc. you could use, since you've stated you don't want to go that route.

Since you've brought up hormones as a possible cause you may want to consider an oral contraceptive. Oral contraceptives reduce oil gland secretions by suppressing androgen hormones.

One way to reduce the inflammation and in many cases keep the cystic acne from even forming is to use a strong anti-inflammatory lotion with zinc and tea tree oil.

Zinc and tea tree oil are both anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and anti-fungal.
Tea tree has punitive penetrating properties which enhance it's effectiveness as well as the zinc when formulated together.

I personally know of many individuals who have experienced great success treating their acne using zinc and tea tree oil, myself included. When ever I feel the slight pain of a big pimple forming, I apply the zinc and tea tree lotion to the area several times a day and usually the pimple doesn't even form and may disappear completely by the next day.

Cysts are no different, just generally larger. Of course everyone's systems are different, with differing circumstances, etc. but using a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial treatment will always be beneficial.

So in conclusion, you may want to consider the oral contraceptive to suppress your hormones, and also the zinc and tea tree lotion to minimize if not alleviate the inflammation and infection.

Here is the lotion I use and recommend.
Acne Lotion

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins

I am not a Dermatologist, but I have done extensive research on numerous skin disorders. Here are some of the skin conditions I have researched, Skin Treatments. I would be happy to share my knowledge with those in need of help.

I am owner of Skin and Scalp which focuses on treatment options and prevention advice for a wide variety of skin and scalp disorders.

Numerous online article publishers far too many to mention.

Decades of involvement in research and development in our parent corporations skin and hair care company.