Skin Conditions/Dark Skin After Shaving

Question
Hello I'm a 24 year old male and I notice that when I shave, the are of my face where I shave is always darker than the rest of my face. I am not sure what is causing this but it is really troubling me. Any explanations and treatments I can undertake to stop this from happening.

Answer
Romain,

This is a common problem. You can get skin lightening cream or soap to use after shaving. And believe it or not, you can also use lemon juice diluted with equal amount of water to lighten your skin after shaving. However you need to leave it on for a few minutes before rinsing off completely.

I would suggest the skin lightening soap, which you simply wash your face with after shaving.

They're available online (just search lightening soap)and at many ethnic stores, or the ethnic section in supermarkets etc.

Using an anti-inflammatory such as zinc lotion with tea tree oil may in fact cure your problem all together.

Hope that helps.

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins