Skin Conditions/Acne Scars & Accutane Side Effects

Question
Good evening sir

I am 21yrs old boy from india i had acne on my face i consulted to a doctor he gave me Accutane tablet after consuming this tablet for 1yrs my acne disappear but it left with harmful side effect my life destroy completly i had severe acne scar on my face cheeks and acne comes again and my skin changed completly as if i can feel like a stone   iam highly disappointed with my skin iam looking like 40 and above but iam only 21yrs old pls help me i beg you for my life, is acne scar can be completly cured or not if yes pls tel me the procedure and i want my skin back to normal again pls help me...

Regards
saleem.

Answer
Saleem,

There are numerous options to help heal acne scars. Accutane (isotretinoin), has been linked to numerous side effects, but your scarring is a direct result of the acne itself.

I'm going to give you a few home remedy suggestions, although you do have options such as laser treatment you could speak to your doctor about.

For home remedies, you could use a mixture of lemon juice diluted in half with water (rose water if available). Wash your face with it and don't rinse for about 10-15 minutes. Mashed cucumbers into a paste will also help your scars, again leave on for several minutes before rinsing off completely.

To reduce the inflammation of the scars,  and help reduce breakouts from acne I strongly suggest using a zinc lotion with tea tree oil. It will also sooth the skin as well as act as a moisturizer.

Drink plenty of water as well as fruit juices. Do this regularly and in time you will notice a big difference.

Avoid over exposure to the sun, and use a sun block on sunny days. You can use the sun block along with the zinc lotion, using the zinc lotion first and applying some sun block over it before going outside. Note: wearing a wide brimmed hat will help significantly as well.

You will notice improvement very quickly from the zinc lotion with tea tree oil, as it's a strong anti-inflammatory, as well as being anti-bacterial, anti-septic, and anti-fungal. Tea Tree has great penetrating qualities as well.

The other suggestions I've made will help escalate your healing process if preformed regularly along with drinking plenty of water and fruit juice.

I hope this helps you Saleem. Give these remedies a try and stick to them. You will see results.

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins