Skin Conditions/Brown spot side of index finger

A couple months ago I noticed a very small light brown spot on the side of my index finger beside my nail. From a distance it looks like a freckle, but when I look very closely and spread it apart a little it looks like about 5 very thin lines all bunched together vertically. I actually for a second thought maybe I had random hair growth trying to break through! It doesn't hurt or itch at all, but it worried me that it just appeared. I am 20 years old and have never had skin cancer. What could this be? I don't remember ever damaging this finger, however I do have cats that sometimes with scratch my fingers if they are being playful.

Could be a number of things. Over exposure to the sun can cause brown spots, as well as vitamin deficiency. Of course a scratch from your cats could have caused this as well, and may actually be a scar that will take quite a while to fade away.

If this gets larger, spreads, become painful etc. you of course should have a dermatologist take a look at it.  

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins

I am not a Dermatologist, but I have done extensive research on numerous skin disorders. Here are some of the skin conditions I have researched, Skin Treatments. I would be happy to share my knowledge with those in need of help.

I am owner of Skin and Scalp which focuses on treatment options and prevention advice for a wide variety of skin and scalp disorders.

Numerous online article publishers far too many to mention.

Decades of involvement in research and development in our parent corporations skin and hair care company.