Skin Conditions/Keratosis Pilaris and crazy facial sloughing

Hi Zac,

Thanks for being a volunteer on AllExperts; it's a big help to the online community! I have two questions:

One: What, if anything, can I do about the Keratosis Pilaris on my thighs? It's unsightly and it makes me self-conscious about being intimate with my partner.

Two: The skin on my face is very flaky -- so much so that I start my days off sometimes by "exfoliating" my face with a piece of packaging tape! I find that moisturizing with coconut oil is really helpful, and I'm trying to increase my water intake. What else can I do?

You didn't mention our age, but keratosis Pilaris usually will go away after age 30. However being prone to dry skin does make you more susceptible.

My advice would be to try a good zinc lotion with tea tree oil for both your face and thighs. Not only will it moisturize, but also significantly help with the flaking.

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins

I am not a Dermatologist, but I have done extensive research on numerous skin disorders. Here are some of the skin conditions I have researched, Skin Treatments. I would be happy to share my knowledge with those in need of help.

I am owner of Skin and Scalp which focuses on treatment options and prevention advice for a wide variety of skin and scalp disorders.

Numerous online article publishers far too many to mention.

Decades of involvement in research and development in our parent corporations skin and hair care company.