Skin Conditions/Acne on the face

Hello Zac,

Trust you are doing great!

My wife is 30yrs old; she had developed a problem of Acne on her face, we have visited several dermatologists and used all the prescribed medicines but to no progress. When visited a dermatologist last year, he suggested some medicines especially a cream which she regularly applies; if stopped at least one day, itching starts on and pimples starts developing and skin becomes red and rough. She feel very irritated in such situations. As long as she applies that cream, there won't be any problem but starts again if she stops using it. For the past 2 years, she has been using different creams advised by doctors but we don't see any progress. What do you think could be the reason? Any hormonal changes or infections or any other condition? FYI- We are blessed with a 6yr old kid.

Can you please suggest any remedies/medicines to get rid of this problem? We are from India. Thanks in advance for your help.

I would suggest a zinc and tea tree oil lotion which will reduce existing acne and prevent breakouts.

It's anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial. I would also suggest following your dermatologist's advice as it does take some time to be effective in most cases.

Skin Conditions

Zac Hawkins

I am not a Dermatologist, but I have done extensive research on numerous skin disorders. Here are some of the skin conditions I have researched, Skin Treatments. I would be happy to share my knowledge with those in need of help.

I am owner of Skin and Scalp which focuses on treatment options and prevention advice for a wide variety of skin and scalp disorders.

Numerous online article publishers far too many to mention.

Decades of involvement in research and development in our parent corporations skin and hair care company.