Sleep Apnea/Newly diagnosed

I have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and pulmonary hypertension and symptoms of CHF (with a sleep apnea rating of 5), which, I've been told, is the bottom cutoff rating to be able to be treated for sleep apnea.  How does the CPAP machine work to lower the pulmonary pressure and how much relief should I expect to see based upon the bottom line sleep apnea diagnosis?

Cpap is a treatment for the CAUSE of pulmonary hypertension not for the disease itself. Medication will treat the PH. Being your at the very bottom of the scale and not knowing the duration or the oxygen levels I can't say how much relief you will see. Hope you get some...I wish you luck...Mike  

Sleep Apnea

Michael Rush

I can answer questions relating to the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea. With a focus on use of CPAP and BiPAP and their effects and benefits. I can help trouble shoot problems and make suggestions on how the make this a more pleasant experience.

I have been in the respiratory field for 20 years with experience in the hospital, Sleep lab and home medical equipment industry. I also have been wearing a BiPAP mask myself for the past four years.Respiratory Care Pracitioner, Licensed Practical Nurse, Certified Pulmonary Function Technician Polysomnography Technician