Sleep Apnea/Newly diagnosed

Question
I have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea and pulmonary hypertension and symptoms of CHF (with a sleep apnea rating of 5), which, I've been told, is the bottom cutoff rating to be able to be treated for sleep apnea.  How does the CPAP machine work to lower the pulmonary pressure and how much relief should I expect to see based upon the bottom line sleep apnea diagnosis?

Answer
SEHeart,

Cpap is a treatment for the CAUSE of pulmonary hypertension not for the disease itself. Medication will treat the PH. Being your at the very bottom of the scale and not knowing the duration or the oxygen levels I can't say how much relief you will see. Hope you get some...I wish you luck...Mike  

Sleep Apnea

Michael Rush