Sleep Apnea/Too much pressure?

Hi, I hope you can help me. I've been using a CPAP for over a year with few problems. But recently, whenever I try to use it, I can't breathe. It feels like the mask sucks hard, then does nothing, and I feel like it's just pulling air out of me and not providing the steady flow it used to. I'm not explaining this very well. But any suggestions? Thanks.

Without being there, I can only guess, but check all the connections, check the water chamber etc. If the problem continues call your medical equipment supplier to come and check it out. Also try a new mask, they do get worn out and it might be time for a replacement.

Sleep Apnea

Michael Rush

I can answer questions relating to the diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea. With a focus on use of CPAP and BiPAP and their effects and benefits. I can help trouble shoot problems and make suggestions on how the make this a more pleasant experience.

I have been in the respiratory field for 20 years with experience in the hospital, Sleep lab and home medical equipment industry. I also have been wearing a BiPAP mask myself for the past four years.Respiratory Care Pracitioner, Licensed Practical Nurse, Certified Pulmonary Function Technician Polysomnography Technician