Sleep Apnea/cpap pressure

Question
hi dave, how do you adjust the cpap pressure on my machine since i lost 50 pounds. i did weigh 380 and now i weigh 330. i have a philips respironics bipap pro system one machine. lately i have been getting only 5 hours sleep and i was wondering if my pressure needs adjusted. my ipap is 25 and my epap is 20. i would appreciate a detailed answer please and thank you.

Answer
Christopher:  please forgive this tardy response.  As for adjusting your machine's pressure level, I strongly discourage your doing so without a PAP titration in order to determine your current therapeutic pressure needs.  This is especially true with the BiPAP therapy it appears you currently are on.  Please seek out your PCP and ask for a script for a PAP titration and then see if you do indeed require a readjustment of your machine.

Sleep Apnea

Dave Walsh RRT