Sleep Apnea/sleep

Hi Doctor
from one year ago. i always feel sleep during the day espically on the work and during reading from books and or on computer. recantly i face this problem during driving the car. suddenly i feel sleep and i forced to stop and try to take something water or anythings.
do you have any suggestion for dignosis and treratment. sorry for bad languge

Mahmoud:  if you are told that you snore while sleeping, you may be suffering from the effects of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS).  I would suggest you consult with your physician (of better yet a sleep specialist physician, if one is available) regarding getting a sleep study to determine if you have clinically significant sleep apnea.  If it turns out you do have sleep apnea, treatment is relatively easy and is very effective (google CPAP Therapy for more info).

Sleep Apnea

Dave Walsh RRT

Registered Respiratory Therapist and Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (IL). Thirty-five years in the field of Respiratory Care with the last twenty-five years spent concentrating in the area of sleep disordered breathing. Established the first hospital based compact multiphysiologic recording program for the diagnosis and treatment of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS).

I'm proud to have built a comprehensive sleep disorders center in Chicago during the '80s and to then go on and build the first hospital based home sleep testing (HST) program in the country. I now own and operate Sleep Case Management, a Division of DRW&Associates Inc, providing sleep disorders case management services to physicians and their patients in northern IL along with providing home sleep testing and arrangements for in-lab sleep testing.

American Academy of Sleep Medicine, American Association for Respiratory Care

BSc (Biology), ASc (RT)