Sleep Apnea/sleep

Question
Hi Doctor
from one year ago. i always feel sleep during the day espically on the work and during reading from books and or on computer. recantly i face this problem during driving the car. suddenly i feel sleep and i forced to stop and try to take something water or anythings.
do you have any suggestion for dignosis and treratment. sorry for bad languge

Answer
Mahmoud:  if you are told that you snore while sleeping, you may be suffering from the effects of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome (OSAS).  I would suggest you consult with your physician (of better yet a sleep specialist physician, if one is available) regarding getting a sleep study to determine if you have clinically significant sleep apnea.  If it turns out you do have sleep apnea, treatment is relatively easy and is very effective (google CPAP Therapy for more info).

Sleep Apnea

Dave Walsh RRT