Sleep Disorders/Sleeping Disorder

Question
Hello Karel Sleis,
I am Sushma. I have a nephew who is 10 years old.Its been about 10 months he is away from his parents with us for his studies.He had his hernia operation a year ago.He is comfortable with us also but the problem is he cries in between for about 2-3 times every night and the next morning he don't remember the thing at all.He use to cry since he was too small so i am confused whether its his habit or he is having some problem due to which he cries suddenly.Sometimes he makes really weird sounds which scares me. If its a habit is there any solution for this or if he is having some problem whom should we consult? I really need help cause its concerning.His parents says its his habit so they did not took much attention to it but i am not satisfied with them.

Thank you i hope you could help me

Answer
The crying doesnt.worry me, but the weird sounds either before or after the crying could be some type of seizure type or just his habit.  I would definitely discuss this with his pediatrician, to see if he should have a neurological consult, just to make sure everything is allright.  Neurology has to do with the brain.  I would feel better if you got the consult, better safe than sorry.   Feel free to email again,Karel

Sleep Disorders

Karel Sleis