Sleep Disorders/Lack of sleep

Question
Dear Doctor,
I am male and 44yrs old.I have lack of sleep problem for the past 5yrs.I was sleeping for 4 to 5hrs daily and now got reduced to 2 to 3hrs. I wakeup from sleep directly from dream, and see the watch it will be showing 2'o clock.After then I could not sleep untill 6 am.I have this problem daily. I am very much depressed. I dont know which specialist doctor to consult for this. I am living in Kuwait. I have not attained orgasm so for in the sex for past 13yrs. Is the sleep problem because of this. Even while going for gym also i have this problem. Kindly help me how to come out of this problem.

Thanks,

Suba,
Kuwait

Answer
iF YOU ARE taking medications for depression that can prevent orgasm.  However it sounds to me like this is some sort of medical/psychological problem.I suggest you contact your md who can refer you to a proper physician.Also understand sleep disturbance can also do it especially if one is too tired to get excited.  Try these tips first.feel free to email again Karel
TRY THESE TIPS RELIGIOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 4-6 WEEKS BUT MANY HAVE SEEN
RESULTS IN AS LITTLE AS TWO.

3 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME, STAY AWAY FROM,CAFFEINE, ALCOHOL, CHOCOLATE
EXERCISE,CARAMEL COLORED SODA LIKE PEPSI,COKE, AND GINGER ALE.
ALL THESE MAKE FOR RESTLESS SLEEP.

30 MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME TAKE A HOT BATH.  LATEST RESEARCH FROM
JOHN HOPKINS IS THAT PUTTING THE HANDS UNDER THE WATER ,PALMS UP, SEND IMPULSES TO THE BRAIN THAT IT IS TIME TO RELAX FOR SLEEP.

15MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME, DRINK A GLASS OF WARM PLAIN MILK. MILK WHEN HEATED CONTAINS TRYPTOPHAN , A NATURAL AMINO ACID SLEEP INDUCER.

WHEN YOU GET INTO THE BED TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS, YOU ALSO CAN SET YOUR RADIO FOR SOFT MELLOW MUSIC HOWEVER, PUT IN ON A TIMER FOR 20 MINUTES.DO NOT TWIST AND TURN FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES.  IF SO GET OUT OF BED, GO INTO A DIFFERENT ROOM, AND READ A BOOK OR MAGAZINE, NO TV OR COMPUTER.  WHEN YOU START TO DOZE, IMMEDIATELY GO BACK INTO THE BED. THIS RETRAINS THE BRAIN INTO THINKING THAT THE BEDROOM IS FOR GOOD RECUPERATIVE SLEEP.  DO THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU AWAKEN THRU THE NITE.  IT WILL LESSON AS THE WEEKS GO ON.

IF AFTER 6 WEEKS, NO IMPROVEMENT IS SEEN YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND ASK FOR THE NEAREST SLEEP DISORDER UNIT TO HAVE YOUR SLEEP MONITORED.

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO SLEEPNET.COM FOR MORE SLEEP FORUMS.
You need to contact a urologist for the sexual problems to run test to make sure there is nothing wrong.

Sleep Disorders

Karel Sleis