Sleep Disorders/waking stiff/paralysed/rigormortis

Question
JUST WANTED SAY THANKS YOUR REPLY TO LAST ENQIRER MADE LOT SENSE. I OCCASSIONALLY WAKE THROUGH MORNING LIKE THIS SCARILY ALL BODY LOCK! I USE MIND AND BODY TO CRACK/SNAP OUT OF IT...IN FEW SECONDS...THEN ABSOLUTELY FINE..BUT AT TIME I SUPPOSE IT IS AGONISING, CHEERS ROB (tasmania/australia)

Answer
Yes what you are experiencing is sleep paralysis which happens right before one goes off to sleep or right upon awakening.  Your body and mind are synced so they awaken and go to sleep together, but once in awhile there is a glitch and one awaken before the other.  When you get the paralysis , if you can simply try to move your eyeballs from left to right or right to left and it will break the spell. If it interferes with your waking hours you should consult a sleep specialist,  if it only happens once in awhile, its natural phenomenon not to worry.yOU might also stay away from these foods 3 hoursbefore bedtime as they make for restless sleep which also will cause this,  coffee,tea, soda especially coke ,pepsi,ginger ale, or any caramel colored soda, chocolate and exercise. l5 minutes before your bedtime try dringa glass of plainwarm milk,  milk contains tryptophan a natural sleep inducer that will put into a deep sleep. feel free to email again, Karel

Sleep Disorders

Karel Sleis