Sleep Disorders/can't sleep

Question
I am a 33 year old female who just can't sleep. I am tired all the time but I don't nap during the day and I am exhausted but as soon as I get in bed I am wide awake. Sleeping pills knock me out but don't put me back in sync. I am usually going to bed between two and three am and am up by 6. I am exhausted. I can't afford a sleep study. What is wrong with me? Please help.

Answer
We all at times suffer from bouts of insomnia and it can get so annoying and it makes for the daytime becoming very tired.  What you sound like is insomnia, which can happen at anytime but more so if there is something on your mind.  Like you doesn't have something in their life these days financial, health , relationship wise you name it.  I suggest you try these tips religiously for 6-8 weeks,  it will get better some see results in as little as 2 weeks.  Try to find out what it is you are stressing about and see what you can do to resolve the problem.  If it persists where your daytime wakefulness is being affected, then you must go to a sleep center, but before you jump the gun try these tips to see if you can nip it in the bud.  .Relax, try some meditation or soft music before you go to sleep. Along with the tips, you should have nothing but sweet dreams soon.  Feel free to email me again . Karel.

here are the tips.

TRY THESE TIPS RELIGIOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 4-6 WEEKS BUT MANY HAVE SEEN
RESULTS IN AS LITTLE AS TWO.

3 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME, STAY AWAY FROM,CAFFEINE, ALCOHOL, CHOCOLATE
EXERCISE,CARAMEL COLORED SODA LIKE PEPSI,COKE, AND GINGER ALE.
ALL THESE MAKE FOR RESTLESS SLEEP.

30 MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME TAKE A HOT BATH.  LATEST RESEARCH FROM
JOHN HOPKINS IS THAT PUTTING THE HANDS UNDER THE WATER ,PALMS UP, SEND IMPULSES TO THE BRAIN THAT IT IS TIME TO RELAX FOR SLEEP.

15MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME, DRINK A GLASS OF WARM PLAIN MILK. MILK WHEN HEATED CONTAINS TRYPTOPHAN , A NATURAL AMINO ACID SLEEP INDUCER.

WHEN YOU GET INTO THE BED TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS, YOU ALSO CAN SET YOUR RADIO FOR SOFT MELLOW MUSIC HOWEVER, PUT IN ON A TIMER FOR 20 MINUTES.DO NOT TWIST AND TURN FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES.  IF SO GET OUT OF BED, GO INTO A DIFFERENT ROOM, AND READ A BOOK OR MAGAZINE, NO TV OR COMPUTER.  WHEN YOU START TO DOZE, IMMEDIATELY GO BACK INTO THE BED. THIS RETRAINS THE BRAIN INTO THINKING THAT THE BEDROOM IS FOR GOOD RECUPERATIVE SLEEP.  DO THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU AWAKEN THRU THE NITE.  IT WILL LESSON AS THE WEEKS GO ON.

IF AFTER 6 WEEKS, NO IMPROVEMENT IS SEEN YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND ASK FOR THE NEAREST SLEEP DISORDER UNIT TO HAVE YOUR SLEEP MONITORED.

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO SLEEPNET.COM FOR MORE SLEEP FORUMS.

Sleep Disorders

Karel Sleis