Sleep Disorders/Weird sensation in my body

Question
QUESTION: Hello
I'm 28 years female, lately I been having weird sensation either at nigh while going to sleep or yesterday when I tried to take a nap
I don't really understand whats going on its been going every night and sometimes that feeling wakes me up in the morning
It's hard to explain but as soon as I fall asleep I will get this sensation in my chest that goes to back it feels like a pressure it doesn't hurt it's just no good feeling I also feel like my legs gets hot or pressure goes to my head
What is it? I want to sleep I can't fall asleep without I have to go through that sensation it keeps me up rolling left and right on back side till I really give up and I sleep
I can't seem to find on Internet could be anxiety? Or heart failure but I had X-ray and blood test and EKG in the past 7 months I get my heart rate and blood pressure daily in the pharmacy I know it's 100 % accurate but it seems its all good
Can you explain what the sensation is, is driving me nuts, I want to sleep yesterday I took an anxiety pill but I doubt it's anxiety cause the feeling only comes when I close my eyes
Thank yo

ANSWER: Its a possibility of the following things.First is GERD. Gastris reflux.  2.  anxiety.  3rd. restless leg syndrome.I put them in this order because all are very easy to fix.  Since you say it happens lying down.  My guess is esophaugus, which explains strange feeling in chest, which in turn can do all the other things.  Remedy is simply sleep more elevated.  If already use 2 pillows use 3.  Stay away from spicey foods or gassy foods  which upset this.  See if this helps .  You can also take OTC Prilosec for l4 days, generic name is omeprazole.  Or Pepcid ac an hour before you go to bed.  generic name is famotidine.   This should eradicate the following.  2ND IS anxiety.  which fits all the symptoms.  If you take antianxiety meds. you might want to consult your md.  Ativan is great for anxiety 0.5 mg.  but you would have to discus it with him.  And I wouldn't take them for long.  Perhaps for a week an hour before bedtime.  Then perhaps every other night,  But you need to discus this with your md.  3rd.  is restless leg syndrome, which one feels restless and crawly things on ones skin making you unable to stay still. You would also need to speak  to your md, There is a med for this Requip.  However it sounds to me that this is more a esophagus problem as well as anxiety, but I would treat them in the order I gave them. So you can rule out.Also I am enclosing below insomnia techniques,  which I also suggest you follow along with step 1 and 2 diagnosis, especially the section about what to stay away from as well as what to do to relax before bedtime.  TRY THESE TIPS RELIGIOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 4-6 WEEKS BUT MANY HAVE SEEN
RESULTS IN AS LITTLE AS TWO.

3 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME, STAY AWAY FROM,CAFFEINE, ALCOHOL, CHOCOLATE
EXERCISE,CARAMEL COLORED SODA LIKE PEPSI,COKE, AND GINGER ALE.
ALL THESE MAKE FOR RESTLESS SLEEP.

30 MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME TAKE A HOT BATH.  LATEST RESEARCH FROM
JOHN HOPKINS IS THAT PUTTING THE HANDS UNDER THE WATER ,PALMS UP, SEND IMPULSES TO THE BRAIN THAT IT IS TIME TO RELAX FOR SLEEP.

15MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME, DRINK A GLASS OF WARM PLAIN MILK. MILK WHEN HEATED CONTAINS TRYPTOPHAN , A NATURAL AMINO ACID SLEEP INDUCER.

WHEN YOU GET INTO THE BED TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS, YOU ALSO CAN SET YOUR RADIO FOR SOFT MELLOW MUSIC HOWEVER, PUT IN ON A TIMER FOR 20 MINUTES.DO NOT TWIST AND TURN FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES.  IF SO GET OUT OF BED, GO INTO A DIFFERENT ROOM, AND READ A BOOK OR MAGAZINE, NO TV OR COMPUTER.  WHEN YOU START TO DOZE, IMMEDIATELY GO BACK INTO THE BED. THIS RETRAINS THE BRAIN INTO THINKING THAT THE BEDROOM IS FOR GOOD RECUPERATIVE SLEEP.  DO THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU AWAKEN THRU THE NITE.  IT WILL LESSON AS THE WEEKS GO ON.

IF AFTER 6 WEEKS, NO IMPROVEMENT IS SEEN YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND ASK FOR THE NEAREST SLEEP DISORDER UNIT TO HAVE YOUR SLEEP MONITORED.

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO SLEEPNET.COM FOR MORE SLEEP FORUMS.
 Feel free to email again, Karel

QUESTION: Hello
Thank you for reply
I had an endoscopy 6 months ago only showed mild gastritis and positive for h pylori and been on omepremazole for 5 months but now I don't take them
Is just weird the sensation I get it doesn't feel a heartburn it's hard to explain
Yesterday end up sleep around 3 am then I wake around 9 then tried to force myself which I slept till 10 something  but I can't seem to sleep cause there is pressure in my back that won't let me sleep?
My esophagus on end showed its small but didn't show anything else
It makes me think I have cancer ? I found online maybe overactive nerve in stomach ?
I can afford keep seeing doctors this is just going out of control there always something going on :(
I'm tired I want to feel back me

Answer
I hear you .  Gerd and esophagus problem is very crazy.  It can come on at any time.  Stress also doesn't help it.  You might want to try going back on the omeprazole, but only for 2 weeks, and see if it helps or take Pepcid ac daily.  As far as H. Pylori, we all have that in our system.  I myself have chronic gastritis and sometimes it just acts up, then goes away for awhile.   You just have to try different things such as sleeping elevated, the gastric stuff.  You also might want to try a probiotic,  There is one over the counter called florastor its expensive but.  Its a great way to put your gastric juices in sync.  Ask your md or gastric doctor.  Its totally safe and helped me tremendously..  I took one a day for about 2 months after 3 days I felt the difference.  I think you really have to not worry so much.  If you had cancer Im sure it would of showed up in the tests you have.  So try and relax.  Karel

Sleep Disorders

Karel Sleis