Sleep Disorders/cold/allergy symptoms when fatigued/tired???

Question
For years whenever I get tired, I get cold/allergy symptoms that frequently make it difficult for me to sleep, or perform my work duties and or enjoy my day. I have no idea what's going on, and I really didn't know which expert to ask, but I really hope you can help!! I am not making this up, it is really happening to me all the time. I am a 20 year old male living on the Oregon coast, idk if this helps you determine what's going on or not but I thought I should mention it. Thanks.

Answer
Sounds to me that you should get a cool mist humidifier for your bedroom.  Place a tablespoon of table salt in it, close bedroom door and run in room.  The vicks pediatric size is good ,  And you must remember to buy replacement filters and change each 3 months  or you will breathe in the bacteria.  Also put a plastic bag over the rug if you have one in your bedroom . This will keep the dander from the rug irritating her.  You can also get a cool mist humidifier  cvs brand which is cheaper. It sounds to me like the allergies can make one tired.  I would try this.  feel free to email again. I also am including things for insomnia to keep you asleep. karel

TRY THESE TIPS RELIGIOUSLY FOR AT LEAST 4-6 WEEKS BUT MANY HAVE SEEN
RESULTS IN AS LITTLE AS TWO.

3 HOURS BEFORE BEDTIME, STAY AWAY FROM,CAFFEINE, ALCOHOL, CHOCOLATE
EXERCISE,CARAMEL COLORED SODA LIKE PEPSI,COKE, AND GINGER ALE.
ALL THESE MAKE FOR RESTLESS SLEEP.

30 MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME TAKE A HOT BATH.  LATEST RESEARCH FROM
JOHN HOPKINS IS THAT PUTTING THE HANDS UNDER THE WATER ,PALMS UP, SEND IMPULSES TO THE BRAIN THAT IT IS TIME TO RELAX FOR SLEEP.

15MINUTES BEFORE BEDTIME, DRINK A GLASS OF WARM PLAIN MILK. MILK WHEN HEATED CONTAINS TRYPTOPHAN , A NATURAL AMINO ACID SLEEP INDUCER.

WHEN YOU GET INTO THE BED TAKE A FEW DEEP BREATHS, YOU ALSO CAN SET YOUR RADIO FOR SOFT MELLOW MUSIC HOWEVER, PUT IN ON A TIMER FOR 20 MINUTES.DO NOT TWIST AND TURN FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES.  IF SO GET OUT OF BED, GO INTO A DIFFERENT ROOM, AND READ A BOOK OR MAGAZINE, NO TV OR COMPUTER.  WHEN YOU START TO DOZE, IMMEDIATELY GO BACK INTO THE BED. THIS RETRAINS THE BRAIN INTO THINKING THAT THE BEDROOM IS FOR GOOD RECUPERATIVE SLEEP.  DO THIS AS MANY TIMES AS YOU AWAKEN THRU THE NITE.  IT WILL LESSON AS THE WEEKS GO ON.

IF AFTER 6 WEEKS, NO IMPROVEMENT IS SEEN YOU SHOULD CALL YOUR LOCAL HOSPITAL AND ASK FOR THE NEAREST SLEEP DISORDER UNIT TO HAVE YOUR SLEEP MONITORED.

YOU CAN ALSO GO TO SLEEPNET.COM FOR MORE SLEEP FORUMS.

Sleep Disorders

Karel Sleis