Sleep Disorders/Red lenses

From a sleep perspective, is there a difference between transparent glasses' lenses that block blue light and red glasses' lenses that block blue light?

Hi there. I'm sorry for the delay in answering your question. In my opinion, I think as long as the lens blocks the blue light, they both would work the same in that sense. It's hard to say though if the red lenses might change the way other light looks, and therefore promote alertness due to other light looking different to your brain. I am just guessing on this though. But the most important part of NOT promoting alertness is to block the blue light emitted from electronics. Sorry if I could not have been more help.

Sleep Disorders

Erika Roggenback

I can answer all questions related to any type of sleep disorders, or sleeping issues, for all ages. For sleeping disorders, these can include narcolepsy, REM Behavior Disorder (RBD), parasomnias such as sleep talking, walking or eating, and many more. I can also help with any issues dealing with sleep apnea or PAP. Lastly, I can give assistance on how to get a better nights sleep, sleep hygiene and how your medications can affect your sleep.

I have been a sleep technologist for 13.5 years, having run studies on people of all ages.

Registered Polysomnographic Technologist