Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Toro Mower Oil leak

dave hinker wrote at 2014-06-30 02:27:49
I had the same problem - oil leaking.  followed these instructions - problem seems to have been solved.  The only thing I would add is to be careful when removing the sump cover.  the camshaft is in the sump cover, and is driven by gears connected to the drive shaft.  It needs to go back together aligned exactly the same way in order for the engine timing to be correct.  I just made sure to mark the position of the gear teeth on the sump, and put it together the same way - making sure the drive shaft was not moved either.  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

David R

Small Air Cooled Engines and applications including Twin Cylinders. A specialist in the Chinese Engine-- i e LIFAN, LONCIN, ZONGSHEN, RATO, LCT, YAMAKOYO, DUCAR, GREYHOUND, (Honda Engine COPY) area. Have personally been to Chinese Engine factories several times Former Day to Day job is in application engineering of 4 cycle Engines. Evaulation, testing and failure diagnosis of Chinese Engines,Briggs and Stratton and Kohler engines daily. In other words I do this everyday.

30 Years in OPE industry. Briggs and Stratton Master Service Tech, Master Parts Pro. Former owner of OPE dealership servicing and selling Honda, MTD, Murray, Husqvarna, Toro, Lawnboy, Shindaiwa, Briggs and Stratton, Kohler, and Tecumseh. Previous job as trainer for engine manufacturer performing service training for companies like SEARS, HOME DEPOT, LOWES, TSC, etc. Instructor for Technical College.

Vo Tech Training 1981, Husqvarna Factory Training, Briggs and Stratton Factory Service School(s) Tecumseh Factory Training, Shindaiwa Factory Training, MTD, Hydrogear, Toro, Lawnboy update schools. To many to list in the past 30 years.