Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Toro 6.5HP Lawn Mower with Tecumseh Engine

Pete wrote at 2010-06-14 01:38:04
I had the same issue with mine.  I changed the plug and it started right up.  A week later when I went to start it again.  Nothing. I'd like to know what's wrong with the Tecumseh engine.  

M wrote at 2012-06-10 17:26:03
check primer bulb by holding pressure on it while mower is running or sputtering. sounds like air leak

Foodog wrote at 2013-06-23 21:49:42
Since it sounds like desperation time, I have a question to ask the owner. Have you checked the oil? if it is low on the dip stick your engine will not start, pop, fart, or caugh

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology