Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/carb. fuel inlet

Mac McKinzie wrote at 2012-12-13 21:56:40
Briggs makes a replacement elbow (692317) and you don't need to risk splitting the carb with a tap.   just use one of those handy 10-32 self tapping screws that seem to populate Briggs products...gently but firmly seat the screw in the brass base of the old elbow   someone somewhere mentioned using the sheetmetal screw with a slide hammer...I'm leery of that.   I use a small deep socket wrench as the "fulcrum" and a pair of long nose as my "lever".   comes straight out...all you gotta do is gently press the new fitting into the carb until the brass part is securely seated.   attention to where the elbow WAS is important because this is NOT a swiveling fitting.   IF the original brass part of the fitting is not damaged and you can clearly see the splines on it, you can carefully pull the plastic part of the elbow off the new elbow assy and then align the new plastic piece with the splines on the brass base of the old fitting.   best results removing the whole thing but your yield may vary.   again Briggs p/n 692317

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology