Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/starting problem

I have a zero turn mow with a 24 hp Honda motor the starter will not turn over without hooking a battery charger to it on boost.I have had starter and battery checked they tested good.Voltage at starter and sileniod are same as at battery even using ground at were starter gets its ground. Could it be a bad silenoid?
Thank You

Maybe a bad solenoid.  If you only have one small wire on the solenoid it is easy to check.

Have a helper sit on the mower and try to start it.  With the mower is in the start position, use a jumper wire from the battery to the small post on the solenoid and see if the engine turns over.

Let me know what you find.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology