Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Toro push mower that will not start

Question
QUESTION: I have a toro push mower that I cannot get to start. It is three months old and has worked great up until recently. It has a Briggs and Stratton engine (model 120000). I have tried cleaning and then replacing the spark plug, replacing the air filer, removing the gas and putting fresh gas in, and cleaning the carb. My only concern is that I just noticed that I may have used gas oil mix the last time I mowed. I am guessing this may be my issue but I am not sure. Any ideas?

ANSWER: Did you blow compressed air through all the carb holes?  Did you replace the spark plug?  The plug may be fouled due to the gas/oil mix.

Eric

QUESTION: Yes. I tried cleaning the spark plug and then tried replacing it. I also blew air through all the carb holes using an air compressor. I am stumped. Would the oil and gas mixture do da,age elsewhere?

Answer
I have had customers run oil/gas mix in their mowers and it did not do any damage...other than they needed a complete tune-up.

Will the engine try to start if you prime it by squirtinf fuel directly into the carburetor?  It does not take much fuel to get the engine to try to start.

Is the engine and OHV or L head?  I need the model, type and code nubmer of the engine to check.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones