Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Blade belt installation, Honda H2013 tractor

Question
Honda H2013
Honda H2013  
QUESTION: The blade belt came off my mower deck. There are no instructions in either the owner's nor shop manual for threading the belt through the blade guard near the camshaft.

Looking at the belt guard located on the right side of the camshaft, which way does the belt get threaded from the deck: in front of the left post and then behind the right and onto the pulley, or does the belt come from behind the left and in front of the right, onto the pulley?

See photo for picture of the guard, taken from the right side: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos?tab=eq#photos/101005574063916098014/albums/5814579210353869297

Thanks.

ANSWER: As a general rule, the V side of the belt rides in the V portion of the V pulley.  The back or flat side of the belt rides on the flat pulley.  Are there any flat face pulleys?

Eric

QUESTION: My question is not about the pulley; it's about how the belt gets threaded between the vertical sections of the belt guard, as seen in the foreground of the supplied photo. Does the belt enter the pulley from behind the right vertical section of the guard, or is the belt going across the front of the guard? In other words, with respect to the left (see left arrow in photo, towards the tractor's rear) and right (front) sides of the belt guard, how does the belt get threaded? There are only two ways, but I don't want to damage the $50 belt by mounting it incorrectly.

Answer
I did not see any arrow in the picture.  Most belt are threaded from the right to the left as the left side of the crankshaft is the slack side of the belt.

I would be more concerned with the wear marks on the belt guard.  I see at least 3 places where a belt has been rubbing on the guard.  You can tell because the metal is dis-colored and rusted where the belt rubbed at one time.  How hard is the belt guard to remove?  Often times if I don't know how or which side of the guard the belt goes on I remove the guard, install the belt.  With the belt installed place the belt guard in position and see if the belt contacts the belt guard.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones