Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/engine replacement

Question
Hello, I have a Chicago Electric Power Tool gererator model VX50V2. Looking for a complete short block, with gasket set, engine blew and have a hole in the case. One parts house I contacted said no short blocks or replacement engines available.  Engine make:B&S 8hp, model:190412, type:3004 01, code:900227 12. Would have any ideas on this matter. If I had some part numbers for short block and gasket set or engine model numbers that would fit that would be a great help. Thanks for your help.

Answer
Hi Dan

try  www.partstree.com for parts
part number for block only is 396178  this is for 190412-3004-01

gasket set pt number is 299577   for same model 190412-3004-01

what Kva rating is the generator .
basicaly  you need to know  bore and stroke sizes , horse power  and torque needed for genset  and the rpm @ which the rated peak power is delivered   and the shaft diameter and length  and wether it is a taper shaft or straight shaft

because bassically any engine that fits the same dimensions , hp , torque and bore and stroke  and rated peak hp  specs will fit  basicaly  you need 2 hp for every 1 Kva of pwer produced
example if your genserator is 4.5 Kva  you will need a 9-10 hp engine ,  this will need some homework to get right,  because if you get it wrong  unit wont work properly  

get back to me , i will try to help further

cheers paul  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

paul