Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Poulan Pro BVM200 leav blower

Question

I have a BVM200 Pro (Model number 711467) not sure what type, although it looks like diagrams that I have seen of a type 2. It won't start at all. The plug is not wet after several attempts at starting. When I push the plunger I see fuel flowing through, but it does become hard to push.  Not sure if that is normal or not. When I pour a little bit of gas into the carb (yeah, I know. Don't lecture me), it does fire and try to run a little bit.  

History: I found that the fuel filter inside the engine was off, replaced the brittle fuel line and tried again.  Same results. I figured maybe some dirt got sucked up into the carb, so I took this apart.  The spring loaded little check valve(?) seems to work.  When I pump the plunger, it brings gas into this section.  And the section seems to have fuel in it when I first take it apart, too. I've tried to blow air across the ports, through the ports, but nothing seems to have worked. It seems to me like something must be plugged up inside the carburetor, but I just am not a carburetor guy.  Any suggestions?

Answer
Since the fuel line is brittle most likely the gasket inside the carb are brittle as well and not functioning.

Since it trys to start with the gas then the ignition, compression and timing should be fine...this leaves fuel.

I would install a carb kit and new fuel lines.

Have you ever rebuilt a small engine carb?  What brand of carb do you have?  There will be a manufacturer name as well as a model number stamped on the carb.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones