Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/11 hp briggs and stratton wont start

Question
i converted my  11 hp homelite generator to run my wood splitter pump off the horizontal shaft after the armature was destroyed. I havent used it for a couple years i left it outside uncovered and now i cant get it to start i have spark and enough fuel at the carb. i took out the spark plug and poured gas into it and it still wont even fire.i took off the pull cord housing to get at the fly wheel so i could turn the motor over quicker with a drill but it still wont fire.

Answer
Did you try a new spark plug and is the fuel less then 30 days old?

With the flywheel exposed, dis-connect the spark plug wire and turn the engine backwards, by hand, and see if snaps forward in the correct direction.  You are checking to see if the engine has enough compression to run.

Let me know what you find.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones