Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/echo backpack blower

QUESTION: I have an Echo backpack blower that I need to constantly adjust the choke to keep it running and is getting worse and losing power.  I suspect I need to take the carb apart and soak it in cleaner to clear the jets, etc.  

Is there a carb rebuild kit for this device and suggestions as to where to buy?  Are there any gotchas I should be aware of or suggestions on cleaning/rebuilding this carb?

ANSWER: Yes, carb kits are readily available.  Yes, there are a few tricks.

If you have 2 fuel lines, MARK them before removing so you know which way to re-connect them.

Use a flashlight or remove the carb and let me know the carburetor brand (Zama, Walbro, Tilleston) along with the carburetor model and I will look up the kit.

The model number will be stamped on the carb, WA, WT or may C1U.

Let me know what carb you have.

I had to take the carb off to see the numbers.  It is a Walbro and there are some numbers stamped on the side and they are: 190 426.  There was also a couple letter on top of the casting: WYK.  Other than that, those were the only markings.

FYI, it's an Echo model PB-260L.  Are there any sites you can suggest that has an illustrated parts breakdown of all the components?

Carb parts diagram/repair manual:

Parts list for the blower:

K13-WYK Carb kit for the WYK carb.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology