Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Engine only keeps running in full choke

Question
I have a 4-5 HP Tecumseh engine on a Craftsman Yard Vacuum, Model # 247.770110. It will only run in full choke. When you move it forward to run position, it cuts out. I worked fine a week ago.

Answer
Thomas
There is probably some trash that is in the carburetor. The engine is not getting enough fuel because of the trash and you closing the choke restricts the air to better match the amount of fuel it's getting.

Most likely you'll need to take the fuel bowl off the carburetor and clean the jets in the carburetor. Just spraying down the air intake with carburetor cleaner probably won't do the job by itself, but it's worth a try.

This is nasty, tedious work, and the jets can be damaged easily. Be careful or you could wind up with an expensive repair bill.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

BEN