Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/lawn mower will not start

Question
QUESTION: lawn mower ran successfully for last weeks lawn mowing.  This week it will not start.  I drained gas tank and refilled. No luck!.  Bought and installed new spark plug and verified spark.  No luck!  Removed plug and sprayed in starter fluid and tried to start.  No Luck.  Again removed plug and squirted gas in cylinder.  No luck!  It just doesn't try to start.

ANSWER: What brand of mower do you have and what engine is on the mower?  Please send the mower model number and the engine model, type, code number so I can look up what you have.'

Eric

QUESTION: Eric,

Sorry about that --  it was pretty stupid of me not to have provided that info.  Craftsman 917.377593.  6.75 hi-torque hp  Eager-1.  Not sure where to get engine code number and model number.

Raymond

Answer
You have a Tecumseh engine.  Are you sure you have spark?  You can test by removing the spark plug and then connecting the spark plug to the spark plug wire.  Ground the tip of the spark plug to a metal engine part and pull the string...you should see a spark jump the spark plug gap.

FYSA, here is a common carb part we sell for your engine, Tecumseh 730637A.

Let me know if you have spark before ordering or replacing any other parts.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones